Pages

Monday, May 06, 2013

Wedding Bells!

Posted April 29

I am drawing a blank this week. I don't know why I think I am running out of things to say. One of my leaders at the beginning of my mission told me that this would happen. I just felt like I would always have things to say but haha I guess not. OH MY!!! How could I have forgotten! This week we had a wedding! There is this family in our ward who are all members but her daughter left the church for awhile. She met this great guy who the Elders are teaching. He wants to get baptized real soon so they had to get married. It was really beautiful! She planned the wedding in two weeks. They are such a cute couple. I am so happy for them.
For some reason this weekend was a big road trip for a lot of returned missionaries. I think there were 6-10 missionaries they came back to visit. We aren't allowed to see them but if they come to our church to see the ward you have a good chance of seeing them. We were at the wedding and 3 of them came to visit the branch. You know that scripture in Alma 17 when the sons of Mosiah and Alma re-see each other. It says in the scripture "how great were their joy" and then talks about how they were so happy because they were still their brethren in the Lord. I feel like that is how I felt when I saw them. One of the Hermanas I saw I hugged so tight! We never served together but I just loved her so much! I told them I am excited to come back on a road trip with missionary buddies.
This weekend on Sunday it was bittersweet! There is a new Spanish branch starting up in the Lancaster stake. A lot of our members will be going over there. It is such a wonderful opportunity because now there will be Spanish Missionaries that can serve in that area. There are a lot of part member families and Less actives that will be able to get visits from missionaries now. The work is really moving forward. I am really excited to see the blessings that will come from this new branch. It was really cool because one of the newest members and his wife will be going. The new member said that knowing now about church and it's truth he wish he could serve a mission but he came a little late. He and his wife will have to serve one day when their kids are grown. This new opportunity he is really excited because it is like serving a mission. There will be a lot of people to find and share the gospel with. He is a great member. He has really taken everything. It was a cool experience to witness. His whole family (almost) are members and he said that he knew the minute he sat down and talked to Elder D that he would be hooked. He tried to avoid him but after 6 months and a blessing of his work schedule changing he couldn't avoid him. He basically got baptized 2 weeks after the first lesson with Elder D and his companion. The family is a really sweet family!
This week we will be having a Mother's Day activity. My companion and I will be inviting SO MANY PEOPLE!!! I think we have a list of 30 people that we are wanting to invite. I will let you know how it goes. Have a great week! I love you all!
-Hermana Fish

No comments: