Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My first awkward moment at the door

Hola Familia! Hablo espanol todo el tiempo! Quiero aprender como escribir en espanol entonces voy escribir esta carta en espanol. Esta bien? Okay okay! I won't write this whole letter in spanish but I am tempted to. I speak so much Spanish these days that when I sit down to write I want to write in Spanish. I will try my best to remember my English haha jk! But really I wanted to write in Spanish for a minute.
This week was really interesting. We went knocking and knocked into a Jehovah Witness. They always seem to ask the perfect questions that throw us off our feet. I was testifying about how we can be Eternal Families and she said "Where is that said in the Bible?" My mind went immediately blank. I eventually found a scripture and shared it with her but it was too late. She gave us tips on how to talk to people at the door. I did learn a few things. I might try to use them...maybe... As we were talking to her she said and I quote "Me gusta estudiar todos religiones porque yo quiero aprender la verdad" translation "I love studying other religions because I want to know the truth" so what did I do? I started asking her if she had listened to missionaries like us. I explained where the Book of Mormon came from and that is was another testament of Jesus Christ because she had JUST said she likes learning. However apparently she doesn't like studying other religions. We offered her a copy of the Book of Mormon to read on her OWN spare time and she said "No, I only read the Bible". I was so confused. I thought she liked looking for the truth? Well needless to say that went no where. The next time we ran into a Jehovah Witness house just talked to them a little bit and went out ways. We have this book of different beliefs of different religions in our apartment. I was reading a few of them and I am just happy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints.
Let's see what else I am learning a lot! The work is very different in Palmdale. I don't love knocking doors either so we are really trying to talk to EVERYONE! The other day we were in Vallata. It is a spanish grocery store. A finding JACKPOT!! I am actually sad that there is not one in Utah. I don't know where I will go to find delicious food! Anyway we didn't have anything to do for 45 minutes and we just finished knocking so we walked over to this store. We were "looking" for food from Peru for my companion. She has been trying to find something from Peru for the last few weeks. She misses her food  A LOT! We went to one of the first aisle and after a few minutes this lady entered. My companion started talking to her asking her if she knew about a certain sauce. We eventually invited her to this English class and found out which McDonalds she works at. (we eat there a lot) so we will see her next time we go. Vallarta is always a success! We are just trying to find and find and find and find! I know Heavenly Father will bless us! We just have to make sure we are working as hard as possible!
Okay I have to go! I love you!
-Hermana Fish
P.S. I am worried about my mailman he hasn't had much work. He might loose his job soon so if you could help him out by sending a few letters I know he would really appreciate it!

No comments: