Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Helping the work go forward...for others


February 4, 2013

Hey! This week has been a crazy week! Want to hear a really cool story I shared with out Mission President?
 
"President!
We keep having these really great experiences with finding. Let me tell you two, first we have been looking through our potentials. I saw one person that all it said was "He is the gardener for the Peterson Family in P5. He has been reading the Book of Mormon." I was really excited because he was already reading and wanted to contact him but there was no phone or address. So we began calling the Elder's in P5 to find out who the Peterson family was. They never got back to us. We called the other missionaries who gave us the information for the Bishop of the ward. His wife informed us that there was no family by the name of Peterson but suggested we called the Ward mission leader to double check. We called some other missionaries in the surrounding areas just to check to make sure the Peterson family wasn't in their wards but found nothing. So I called the ward mission leader. Who informed us of a family named Peterson in Rancho Vista English. We found them! We talked to them and were able to get the phone number for the potential. All this work for one person? Yes! But I felt like going over would be better so we needed his address. We found out that the Bishop in Rancho Vista English employed this potential so we called him to see if he had the address for the potential. Not only did he call the potential to get it. He set up an appointment for us to go by tonight! In all I called 12 different people trying to find the information of the Peterson famiy or the potential. 12 people! When I sat down at night after the appointment had been made I was looking to see where he lives. Guess what?! HE LIVES OUT OF OUR AREA!!! He actually lives in the Esperanza Elders. So after all that work we are not even going to teach him! I wanted to cry! We have been trying so hard to find investigators. We went knocking this week and found a few but it seems that everything we do is always for other people! We had a Blitz in our area to help us out but everyone that was found was more for Ana Verde. So we are helping the work move forward but just in other ways. I am fine with that. I don't need to have good numbers to me I have been least worried about numbers then I think most other missioaries. As long as the work is going forward!
We did have a miracle. Someone that Hermana V and Hermana Q were teaching showed up this week at church WITH her husband! It was really sweet. We are going to go by this week. Apparently the Branch President's wife saw her at the store and said "We haven't seen you at church, we have missed you!" Another benefit of having member present lessons. They get to know more people in the area! Anyway little by little we are slowly finding people but I would say for every 5 people we find 1 person is for us! haha I just really think it is more interesting and funny then anything else. I am excited for Hermana M to come this week. I remember last time was such an eye opener so hopefully I can learn a lot more this time around! "
 
That was my letter to President! I hope you enjoyed it. We are really focused on finding people this week. We found someone that was really excited to be recieving a free copy of the Book of Mormon. We are going to go by this week to see what she thought! We found someone else last night but again we found they live in Esperanza. It is really sad! Well I am happy to see the work go forward for fellow missionaries.
This last friday we were able to go to a Bishop's house for another ward. We learned a lot about faith. My mind was blown. My scripture study has doubled. I think every chance I get I am studying and studying. I will have to share it more with you next week. I still haven't wrapped my thoughts around it all. Just to get you studying Read the JST Genesis 14:20-40. It was really cool! We talked about how in the scriptures we are told to have Faith, hope and charity. Isn't it interesting that faith comes after hope? We talked about how there is different levels of faith. BUT there can be different levels of hope as well. For example if you want something really bad for Christmas you are hoping for it. However if you go snooping in your parents closet and see the thing you wanted. You are still hoping you are going to get it but you have more of a sure hope. So I have been studying more about having hope with more of a surety. It is cool!
Well I have to go but I love you!
-Hermana Fish

No comments: