Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Knocking requires the Holy Ghost

I saw SNOW for the first time since I came to California! It didn't stay but it snowed this week which was cool! It has been cold enough for it that is for sure!
Remember that story I shared with you last week about Miguel? Well the Elders told us he went to church this week! It was really exciting! Also they have someone who came to our ward that accepted a baptismal date! Things are looking really good for the Elders in Esperanza!
As for Palmdale.......Well I think for the first time last night I as about to cry over my numbers. It is not that we are not working... I know we could be working harder so we are going to bump it up a notch this week but it is just sad. I locked myself in the bathroom last night just to have some relaxation time. We dropped all of our investigators and are trying to knock and visit as many potentials as possible! I am grateful for this time because I was reading the scriptures this week and learned that we learn the most when we are in difficulties. I am not going to beg for difficulties for the rest of my life but I do learn a lot. Actually this week we had a zone training and while we were there one of the zone leaders asked us to list our life changing experiences. As I was writing mine down I realized all of mine were challenging experience but they changed my life. I can see that through each one of those experience I came out of it being a better person. Now I feel as though I am in another learning experience. This time I am learning how much I need the Holy Ghost. I can tell you one thing my prayers have increased 20 times! We are really really trying to do the will of the Savior. I am more about his work more now then ever before. I am sad that I didn't come here before or learn this before. I know that I could have had more success in my other areas. My advice to future missionaries everywhere. PRAY! One cool thing I learned is that we pray to visit someone and then go over only to find they are not there BUT what I didn't do... I know you are all way smarter then I am so forgive me slowness in learning this..... but i didn't think "well they didn't answer but we are here for a reason so lets knock".  We actually had an experience this week on exchanges.  We prayed to know who to visit on the potential list. We went there and no one answered. So we talked to the only person who was home (turns out she has my same name might I add). We went back but she wasn't there so we will go back again. I will be applying this principle this week for sure. I can't tell you how incredibly grateful for this opportunity to learn this now. I know I will really need this when I get back. We are not thinking about that though. I know I will see miracles this week. Just you wait.
I have this friend who before my mission told me that he often thinks "will this make a good story?" if his answer to this question is yes then he will often make a good story. We talked a lot about miracles this week at our Zone Training. I realized that miracles and stories are what make a mission. Just experience and learning and meeting people. I haven't quite figured out how to apply this principle but I heard some pretty incredible stories and miracles this last week. It just motivates me to have more faith to have more miracles to find more people to have more stories. It may sound like a bad thought process but I just want to see miracles happen! Is that to much to ask. I have been studying faith a lot lately! I am learning a lot! It is my new favorite subject but you can just have faith alone. You need to have hope and charity. Pretty much my scripture studies have been the bomb lately! haha excuse my language! but I couldn't think of another way to describe it! haha. Well family I love you! I hope you have a great week! Thanks for you letters, email, prayers, etc!
-Hermana Fish

No comments: