Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day

Hello! I don't have much time this week so we will see how this turns out. We share the computers with 14 missionaries and only have a short window of time. We had transfers this week but my companion and I will be staying together. I am excited! We have a lot of work to do in the area. We actually set a baptismal date this week with an investigator for the end of March! I am so happy because I have been praying to have a baptism for March! Heavenly Father really does answers prayers. We also found someone that we might be able to start teaching! Things are slowly getting better for us here in Palmdale... well they were always good but just a lot of hard work.
We had a specialized Sister training this week! It was so great! I learned a lot. It was on Valentine's day and Sister H spoke to us. She talked about Moroni 7:45 about charity. It was cool because broke down every part of the scripture and spoke about it. I had never stopped to think what all the parts meant. I am excited to re-study it again. It was good to see all the Hermana's too. We had ALL the Sister missionaries together in one room. It was a little much for me. I don't mind girl nights but I have learned on the mission I have a hard time with being too girly with other girls. I don't know really know how to explain it. I love having girls night with my family and close friends. Maybe it is because I don't know all the girls but there was one day that I was in the car and one of the Hermana's was talking to my companion and they decided they wanted to have a Sister p-day where we would "paint nails, and do hair, maybe we could go to the mall". I wanted to vomit. In my head I remember thinking "Give me soccer! Give me something that is sweaty and gross!" haha I don't know what has happened to me! Maybe too many Elders! haha
At the conference I was able to see someone from home! That was a little blessing! When we got to lunch I saw my friends Mother-in-law. She lives here with her husband but her daughter lives in Spanish Fork with her husband right next to one of my best friends. I started talking to the Mother-in-law and she told me the daughter was here in California for a visit. As I was eating she came in and said hi to me! It was really good to see her! She gave me a quick up-date on my friends back home even showed me a few pictures of a baby that I didn't even know was born (time flies in the mission). It was a really wonderful opportunity to see a familiar face!
I am a little sad to not be going to the transfer meeting. I hear there will be 14 new areas opening up! Isn't that crazy! Something else crazy is that I only have 3 transfers left! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! okay we are not thinking about that! I will write you next week! We are hoping to set another date with the investigators aunt! I will keep you posted! Love you!
-Hermana Fish

No comments: