Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mom.... Dad.... I am having a girl

March 25
Hey! So I am training which means in the mission I am about to have a daughter! I am kind of scared! What am I going to do? It is crazy cause we found out that there are 25 new missionaries coming and 15 are sisters. It will be a sisters reunion every time we go to a training. Life is super crazy. The work is really moving forward. We had President invterviews this week. I can't remember how President asked but he said something like "Hermana Fish, have you trained?" When I replied "No" he replied "Why not?" haha I had no clue what to say. I think it is because I wasn't ready to be in charge of someone. I am training which means I am responsible for a new missionary. I have an hija, a mission daughter. How do I feel? Well I have a lot of thoughts on my mind. The best part was that President called us this morning and asked to talk to me AND my companion. She will be training as well. She didn't even see it coming. Which is really funny! I was laughing really hard the whole day. She is opening an area and training. I am excited for her. She will do great. I am really happy to be staying in Palmdale. President asked us if we were ready to be strictly obedient (which I am working on) and if we were willing to do the 12 week training program (which I did by myself some of the time when I was trained) I am excited to be a part of that training again. I wish I could have been in training my whole mission. I think my hija might hate me. When we found out we were training Hermana V started talking about how we need to go to the store and decorate the apartment. I just started laughing. I remember when I got to the mission my trainer had all this cute greenie decorations up for me. She had SCRUBBED the apartment because Elders used to live there and she had bought me some stickers and post-it notes. I remember that EVERYONE was so nice to me as if we were best friends for my whole life. I didn't like that at all. I think it destroyed me for my whole mission because now I am not a hugger. haha! I am torn on whether or not I will do something for her.
Anyway as for our investigators we went by this family we found a few weeks ago. We had a member with us and it went really great! We didn't make a return appointment so we will have to go back sometime this week. She had never heard of Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon. She was really interested to learn more about them and our religion. I am praying! It works out. She has a big concern about something that I KNOW she would be able to handle more with the help the church offers. I will keep you posted. I better go write President but have a great day! Until next week!

No comments: