Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Obey, obey, obey

April 8
Wasn't Conference AMAZING!!! This time I looked back through my notes and found that in pretty much every talk I wrote down something about obedience.... well not every talk but enough to make me think that I should work on being obedient. I think it is more for me then just obeying the commandments. I mean we are talking obeying everything. Right now I am really working on obeying the spirit. I can't really go into detail about it via email but I have had some cool experiences that have taught me about obedience. I am learning a lot about how important it is to always follow the spirit so I hope that I continue or at least have it down when I get back. Mainly my ideas have been changing. AHH I don't know really how to explain with out going way personal but let's just say the things I was looking for in my life have been altered. Everything! From work, marriage, family, involvement in church, etc. I know that because of all these new found understandings I will have to come back and be REALLY OPEN to do what the Lord wants. I am excited! Also really grateful I have a real long time to work on it. I will definitely be reading a few talks over again. President Monson's being one of them.
One of our investigators came to conference on Saturday. She loved it. She even stayed the whole day! We walked about a mile..... it may not be so long but it sure felt like that. Maybe cause we were walking so slow. One of the girls with us decided to wear really high heels and had to walk all the way there in them with us. We didn't know we would be walking so I am sure she would have planned better had we know but she was a trooper. I am naturally slow walker anyway so it helped a lot. So we walked about a mile to subway and got lunch. On our way we came across a dead dog that someone had hit with their car and pulled to the side of the road. It smeilled HORRIBLE!!! I wanted to throw up. I did my best to avoid looking at it. One of the girls with us actually stopped and looked at it. I thought she would start crying. And a 15 year old boy who is a recent convert took a picture. Boys will be boys. haha. IT was so sweet though. Just the missionaries serving in my branch, our recent converts and our investigator. I love these types of things. I took a few pictures I will have to send them. Maybe next week. It was really great day!
My companion and I had a training this week. I love trainings I always learn so much. President has changed his focus a little bit. We were focusing on being a finding missionary but now we are focusing on being an exceptional missionary. Which means being obedient to the rules, I am doing pretty good on obeying the rules. I have a few things I could be better at but more is back to what I was saying before obeying the spirit.
Well my time is up. I will have to write more next week. love you all!

No comments: