Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

We Need the Holy Ghost

March 18

I hope you like the pictures. I hope they worked. I was able to get on the computer again so I thought I would write a little bit. Well..........Yesterday for the first time ever in my whole mission, I went on splits with a member. It was weird not being with my companion. I was with a Recent Convert. She is really a great member missionary. Sometimes in our lessons I just wish she would teach because she is a great teacher. She just doesn't see how awesome she is! She came with us to find someone before the other member arrived and we couldn't get into this apartment complex. We waited and waited. Finally started looking around for ways in. Without really thinking the Recent Convert (who was in jeans) decided to climb the fence. She was doing good but her foot slipped and she slid down. When she was sliding down her sweater got caught on the fence and ripped. Not only did it rip but made a hole and she was hanging by her shirt from this fence. When she tried to fix it her undershirt got caught making the situation a lot worse. So here we are trying to get in this apartment complex and our member is hanging from a fence. Haha It took us a bit to unhook her. It was really funny. We were laughing (all three of us) really hard. This guy walked by and look at us then shook his head. Probably thinking "dumb girls". I wondered why he didn't offer to help. Note to future experience like this one- If you are ever walking down the street and someone is hanging by their shirt from a fence please don't just walk by. Also before deciding to climb a fence check all options before and make sure you are wearing clothes you can destroy if needs be. All in the name of missionary work! 
We found out from President today that there are 25 new missionaries coming in. THAT IS A TON! I will be sure to take good notes to tell you all that happened. I know there could be some new sister missionary areas opened. I really hope that something at least happens in our companionship so I can go to the transfer meeting. We have interviews with President this week. After this I will have two interviews with him 1- regular interview and 2- my exit interview. I am down to my lasts THAT IS WEIRD. No me gusta! (I don't like this). It is going by too quickly. It motivates me to work really hard. To be out everyday. I want to study outside, eat outside, maybe even sleep outside just so we are always finding people.
I have been meeting a lot of dedicated Catholics that could be great members! I have been praying for the Spirit to truly guide me in my lessons so that I am not teaching but the spirit is teaching. I don't think I have ever prayed so hard to have the spirit. I am grateful for the practice. I will really need the spirit so much after my mission. I really want to do and go where the Lord needs me. I want to become the person the Lord needs me to become. I realized more fully how much more things we learn when we are opened to learning about where we need to be on the Lord's path for us. It is really interesting. Well until next week. Pray for me! This weekend is going to be interesting and I will tell you why next week!

No comments: