Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Lord's way is the best way

April 15
Saturday we went out looking for someone. We looked and looked. We both felt really off. We couldn't figured out what was wrong. Going against all my thoughts I decided to head back to the apartment after two hours. I say that is against my rules because sometimes (only sometimes) you can get to the apartment and not want to leave but with two hours of nothing not ONE person opening the door and both my companion and I not really know where to go I thought about the area book. I decided that maybe there was something that we could find in there. We got back and pulled out EVERYTHING we had and started to go through it. Our spirits were pretty down and so we looked and looked. With a few names and 30 minutes later we left again. I had found this one name that was an area my new companion hadn't seen yet so I figured if nothing else we would just drive out there, see this house and if nothing else she new what was out there. We went to the house and the women we were looking for opened the door. She used to visit with missionaries before. She has a Book of Mormon and has been reading it. She didn't know where the church was so she hasn't gone. She was excited to have us come back. It was crazy do you want to know how much time we spent before looking for someone 2 HOURS!!! 2 HOURS!!! We were praying and praying and praying to know where to go and then the MINUTE we were on the right track it took 40 minutes. 20 minute driving time so really 20 minutes to talk to this lady and make a return appointment  All those thoughts I had that I thought were me was really the guidance of the Holy Ghost. Plus all of our feelings of discouragement and tiredness went away. Now I know that if I ever feel like that again it is because I am not looking in the right area. The Lord's path is so much quicker. His guidance is so much easier! Life is just better the Lord's way. The thing was that we were trying really hard to go and do what he wanted but now I know what it feels like to not have guidance. I love you all! I am really excited to teach this lady. Please keep us in your prayers we are trying to find families. Pray that we will find a family.
-Hermana Fish

No comments: