Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Sweet 16

June 3


It as been a crazy week! Palmdale has become a water zone for the fire we are having. We saw 9-12 fire trucks drive by as we were waiting for this light. This park has been completely shut down to be a station for all the firetrucks to park. It has been really interesting. I hope the fire goes away soon but at the same time that means the firemen will be gone.... haha jk.
We had a miracle this week! We texted our investigator to see if she was coming to church and she replied back saying "I am already here". She ended up going to the English ward with one of the Young Women she has become friends with. We totally didn't expect that. She has been really trying to find an answer. I hope she receives some guidance soon. I would really love to see her get baptized before I go but I don't want to rush her into something she is not ready for. Especially since her parents want her to wait until she is 18 to get baptized or to change religion. She is super great though! I love her no matter what!
We had an exchange where I went to Santa Clarita this week... Two different exchanges and I went there both times. The first one was with Hermana B. She came the same time Hermana S did. She is super sweet and we had some great times together. We went contacting and she wanted to see how to bring up family history so we focused on that. We found this lady who was SUPER stand offish at first but as we talked to her about family history and the website she opened up a ton! It was so wonderful! She told us about her family story of the things she already knew. It was really interesting. We also found a less active who is living with her boyfriend and her boyfriend was really excited to find out more about his family. I am super excited to hear what happens.
My exchange with Hermana H was pretty awesome. We have too much fun together to be real companions but we got a lot done. We had a breakfast on Saturday at the Stake Presidents house. He is actually from Spanish Fork. It was with the whole Santa Clarita zone  and his house is super nice! When we were done we came back to Palmdale to and did a companionship study with the Assistants. However as we were saying our goodbyes we locked the keys in the trunk and so we spent the next hour and a half trying to get them out. Our fearless Assistants were able to get them out after much effort. They are super great. This week we are super excited because we have more exchanges and at the end of our exchange we will be heading down to Santa Clarita to go knocking with the youth for a conference they are having. We are super excited. I also have my first and only Mission Leadership Council meeting on Wednesday. I am excited to see President. It has been said that he is way more bold in these meetings. Usually they are just with the Zone leaders but since the Sister Training leaders have come about I hope he is still the same. A lot of the Zone leaders I have talked to have loved those meetings with President. Either way I know I will learn a lot! Hermana H and I are super pumped. Our companions will be going out and doing the work while we are at the meeting.
I am at my sweet 16. These last 16 days are going to fly by. I think every other day I have some sort of activity or exchange or meeting. It is super crazy! I am just going to go and plan on sleeping when I get back. Maybe for a day or two!
Anyway I love you! I will write you next week! Have a great week!
Love Hermana Fish!

No comments: